Retail Manager - Starbucks at Westbrook
Join the Follett Team, where employees are valued, respected, and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services, and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
Pay Rate - $19.00 - $23.00 per hour
The Starbucks Manager oversees a fully licensed Starbucks store at a Follett location, either as a store within a store or as a standalone location. This role may report to a Follett store manager or to a Follett Regional Manager and may include a dotted-line report to a Starbucks District Manager. The role manages Starbucks operations including staffing, managing performance, providing hands-on technical and functional guidance, and providing a great customer experience. May be responsible for the preparation of food and beverages on a daily basis while maintaining cleanliness and other food safety standards. Guides team members in executing Starbucks store/department operating plans. Responds to customer concerns and requests and ensures all Starbuck/bookstore property and personnel are secure. Follow all Starbuck programs and procedures as required. Follow all Follett policies and procedures.
- Provides strong customer service in all aspects of Starbucks operations.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard, and set a positive example for the team members.
- Anticipates customer and department needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers.
- Communicates information to the Store Manager/Regional Manager so that the store team can respond as necessary to create a quality customer environment.
- Prepares quality beverages, whole beans, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Thoroughly follows health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products. Maintains a clean environment for food preparation.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the preparation of food and beverages.
- Ensure general store operational standards are achieved through daily activities (shipping/receiving, inventory, housekeeping, compliance with Health Department regulations, etc.). Execute promotions and sales, ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends -- tracking and meeting sales plans, increasing average sale per customer, and driving transaction counts. Analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
- Satisfy audit/compliance process as required by Starbucks.
- Ensures merchandise is managed in accordance with Starbucks company policies and management directives. Execute Starbucks promotions and standards.
- Builds key partnerships with store management and campus and community organizations for promotional opportunities, special events, and off-site sales opportunities.
- Initiates activities to adhere to established guidelines and promotional programs.
- Develop strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results - monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure team member development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Ability to safely operate food service equipment as necessary
- Ability to stand for up to two or more hours at any given time.
- Ability to safely operate coffee equipment as necessary
- Previous experience in a coffee shop, food service, or café environment (preferred)
- Detail orientation in performing accurate transactions
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Effective communication skills - clear, concise, and positive.
- Computer literacy desired
Full time benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vison
- Voluntary Insurance plans
- 401k + 100% company match (up to 4%)
- 80 hours vacation + sick days
- 10 paid company holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.