The Ingredion Digital Transformation team has an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an internship during the summer of 2021. In this role, you will perform activities associated to building and maintaining data pipeline for enterprise wide data and design and assemble large, complex data sets that are needed from a business perspective based on various use cases. We are looking for someone who has a strong initiative to improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment. We hope that this person can also demonstrate the capacity to take on problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
As the Data Engineer Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the digital team by developing methods to extract transform and load data from various sources and assembling data based on use cases.
- Designing complex SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- Write complex SQL queries, TSQL, DML/DDL, triggers, CTE's, as well as learn the need for query tuning to solve practical business problems
- Work on deploying different methods that can be used to get real time data from the source
The Data Engineer Intern is well suited for you if you:
- Being a self-starter with the ability to be productive independently and are able to handle multiple projects
- Are organized, detailed, and service oriented with a strong character and leadership style
- Are technically proficient and utilize technology in creative problem-solving ways to influence strategic decision-making
- Willing to work and think outside the box
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a master's degree program in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Software engineering / development knowledge to build automation and configurable solutions. Demonstrated programming skills with, Python or Node JS or .Net Core
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information and make recommendations to broader audiences
- A good understanding of ETL process and ability to build pilot solutions and proofs-of-concept with minimal direction
- Ability to easily understand the complex data structures and logic to process data
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure platform
- A methodical and a detail-oriented way of thinking
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.