Software Development Engineer, Amazon Robotics
Are you excited about building high-performance robotic systems that can perceive, learn, and act intelligently alongside humans? The Amazon Robotics team is creating new products and technologies that make this possible, at Amazon scale.
The Virtual Systems software team is seeking broad, curious software engineers to join our diverse, full-stack team. In addition to holistically designing, building, and delivering end-to-end robotic systems, our team is responsible for the core infrastructure and tools that serve as the backbone of our robotic applications, enabling roboticists, machine learning scientists, and software engineers to collaborate and deploy systems in the lab and in the field. Our work spans real-time software, machine learning engineering, big data, simulation, and more.
In this particular role you will design and build core simulation models and tools needed to answer questions around system level operational performance and to optimize new and existing Amazon robotic solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Architect, design, and implement robotic software applications for robotic solution simulations.
- Develop robust, high-fidelity, well-tested simulation models to represent real-life work scenarios.
* Leverage simulation data and work with stakeholders across hardware, science, and operations teams to iterate on systems design and implementation.
- Collaborate with machine learning and robotic controls experts to implement and deploy optimization algorithms.
- Create and execute simulations to profile, tune, and optimize system performance.
- Create re-usable software and systems to accelerate robotics development.
- Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance and operational excellence, and creating mechanisms for continuous improvement.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Master’s or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Experience in one or more relevant technical areas: robotics, simulation, data analysis, machine learning, distributed systems, high-performance scientific computing.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to deliver complex software systems to customers
· Experience with interdisciplinary developments that involve hardware, software, and algorithm co-design.
· Experience developing in Amazon Web Services - AWS and knowledge of database.
· Independent and ability to work with minimal direction.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.