- NOW OFFERING $100 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to provide valuable care to individuals in a residential setting within our Deaf Services community!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Direct Care Counselor is responsible for supervising the daily activities of the clients, providing ongoing support, guidance and role modeling and facilitating client improvement in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, community living skills and behavior.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education RequiredHigh School Diploma/GEDResponsibilities
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and supervision to clients in a residential setting, referring other service providers when needed.
- Develop and document Individualized Action Plans (IAPs), Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) and other reviews with the clients.
- Communicate program participant's progress, mental status, and any changes in daily notes.
- Monitor and document medication administration.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.