- NOW OFFERING $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The BA Clinician will provide crisis and respite support services to individuals in being supported by the Deaf Respite Program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education RequiredBachelor's DegreeResponsibilities
- Ensure an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment.
- Provide intakes, treatment planning, case management, assessments, and one-to-one and/or group sessions for clients in the Deaf Respite.
- Assist clients in Deaf Respite with all daily living skills/needs.
- Monitor clients' medications while they are in Respite.
- Facilitate treatment team and discharge meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of managed care and health insurance systems; provide other clinicians with managed care information and resources pertinent to the crises being managed.
- Arrange for transportation of individuals utilizing the Respite to appointments and other necessary destinations.
- Provide information on treatment and referral services.
- Maintain necessary documentation, statistics, and clinical records in accordance with program requirements.
- Determine the most appropriate response to clients in crisis in collaboration with the team.
- Attend and actively participates in supervision, staff, team, and family meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years' experience with the target population; or 5 years' experience.
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with consumers and community providers.
- Strong communication skills.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.