Mobile Service Technician
Allstate Peterbilt Group
West Salem, WI
Requisition Number: MOBIL03511
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and perform repair in shop type atmosphere and on occasion, road side situations.
- Accept and seek out training and mentoring that will aid in the advancement of established career path.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Maintain accurate inventory on service vehicle.
- Assure appropriate stock levels are maintained on service vehicle.
- Save and tag parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.Inspect the assigned vehicle to determine if additional service or safety related work is required or recommended.
- Communicate with service management immediately if additional work is needed, if work requested is not needed, or if repairs will not be as initially expected or completed on the anticipated schedule.
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road test vehicles when required.
- Participate in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Follow all service policies and procedures to insure safety, profitability and accuracy.
- Attain industry certifications as required.Keep abreast of manufacturer updates and technical bulletins.
- Learn to use new information technology as it becomes available.
- Mentor less-skilled technicians as assigned.
- Report machinery and equipment defects and malfunctions to department management.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean.
- Report to department management immediately anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keep service truck and/or shop area neat and clean.
- Maintain and be accountable for all dealership-owned tools and equipment including returning to proper storage location when done.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations, such as EPA, OSHA, and DOT.Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Report any safety issues to management immediately.
- Respectfully interact closely with customers in the field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.