Have you ever been driving and passed by a worker holding a flag for a traffic or construction site? Many drivers and commuters are likely to have seen Flaggers at their jobsites. These are the personnel who control vehicle traffic to build a safe environment for construction/repair projects, such as those involving roadways or parking lots. As a Flagger, you would help notify drivers of the need for reduced speeds or restricted lane flow. As such, you'd play a key role in crafting and maintaining safe construction sites. PeopleReady is now hiring a Flagger who can bring a positive and dedicated attitude to the jobsite. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to apply above.
- Working with construction team to establish safe movement of traffic around construction zone, in accordance with safety regulations
- Flagging motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead
- Taking ownership of keeping work zone and passing cars safe
- May need to place signs, barricades, traffic cones, and other warning devices- duties will vary according to job assignment
- Directing traffic flow using Department of Transportation regulations
- Responding to emergencies as directed and performing tasks in the interest of public safety and property protection during emergencies
Qualifications & Experience
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Communication skills required - flaggers remain in constant contact with the crew
- Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods at a time
- Possess a valid flagger certification - PeopleReady will help provide this training
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today.