Cement/Ash Sales Representative
Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
Separation Technologies and Essex Cement, subsidiaries of Titan America, has an excellent opportunity for a Sales Representative to manage the New York City Metro Area, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts (partial) geographical area. The primary function of this role is to promote cement and fly ash products, sustain and build customer relationships and respond to market trends. This is a salaried exempt position based in New Jersey or New York and reports to the Northern Region Sales Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire and develop, build unity and facilitate cooperation, provide solutions and deliver results, and envision and implement change.
- Create demand and sell organization’s products to potential customers and prospects.
- Attain sales goals for territory volume, selling price, and market share for cement and fly ash.
- Promote company brand and overall marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain territory intelligence for market size, customers and competitors.
- Forecast customer and market demand.
- Collaborate to improve marketing, promotion, pricing, service, credit and logistics.
- Inform customers of price and supply trends.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Keep informed of new products/services and other information of interest to customers; participate in trade association meetings and conventions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and reasoning skills.
- General knowledge of construction materials industry.
- Capability to communicate cement and ash field product information.
- Good planning and time management skills; demonstrated self-starting behaviors.
- Computer literate; including, but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Strong product and technical knowledge in cement and ash preferred.
- Willingness to devote time necessary to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Adaptable to change.
- Overnight travel required to attend sales meetings, trade conventions and to work with customers directly.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum three years proven sales success required.
- Prior experience independently managing sales territory highly preferred.
- Must have positive attitude, be a self-starter and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain and excellent driving record. Driving record must be acceptable to company insurance requirements; local knowledge of the region.
Success begins with hiring the right people to collaborate with us as we grow and develop our business. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status