Graphic Packaging International is a leader in the packaging industry, serving hundreds of the world's most recognized brands. You've probably purchased food, beverages or other consumer products sold in our packaging.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Facilitate company strategies for MRO management.
- Perform physical inventory of parts & supplies.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly cycle counts and submit accurate reports.
- Issue parts & supplies to Maintenance and production personnel.
- Conduct entry in SAP of stock disbursements.
- Conduct dispatching of repair & returns.
- Conduct restocking of bins for goods receipts (parts & supplies).
- Responsible for improving the part descriptions on existing parts.
- Comply with all GPI policies and procedures.
- Participate on assigned teams. Support team decisions.
- Perform area housekeeping duties.
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Obtain RMA numbers from suppliers as needed.
- Prepare items for shipment and or communicate with suppliers as required.
- Maintain accurate equipment data in SAP
- Enter work order data into SAP
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the routine maintenance and upkeep of the SAP.
- Provide clerical support as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to establish a strong working relationship with all team members.
- This position warrants continuous walking, twisting, bending, stooping and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is dusty, noisy, hot and humid.
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime with short notice.
- Must be able to visually identify quality issues.
- Must be able to think “outside the box“ and collect and utilize data in decision making.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
- The employee is continuously required to lift up to 50 pounds, frequently required to lift 10 to 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift over 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to carry over 50 pounds.
- Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of product to detect imperfections.
- Inside Conditions: Extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A minimum 6 months experience working in a Storeroom or Tool Crib, prefer 2+ years
- Industrial Maintenance experience
- OSHA 10 Hour certification. 30 Hour certification preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment, components and parts in order to best support the facility maintenance team.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism, leadership, patience, diplomacy, high ethical standards, and a positive cooperative attitude.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Have the ability to work with little or no direction at times with high attention to detail
- Must have outstanding verbal and written skills
- Must exhibit a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Prior work experience with SAP
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.