4810 Buttermilk Hollow Road, West Mifflin, Pennsylvania 15122
Join our team and have the opportunity for advancement!
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. Primary responsibilities include assisting in production functions and plant maintenance.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environment and areas.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Understand and comply with Environmental and Health & Safety policies to assure that environmental, health and safety are the first priority
- Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist as needed to improve Environmental Health & Safety
- Communicates effectively and timely with staff
- Ensure all work areas are clean, tidy and organized at all times
- Assists Plant Supervisor and operators as assigned.
- Performs other duties as time permits or as assigned
- Must be willing to work through lunch breaks or take a lunch break at staggered times as required by customer or production demands
- Conducts pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas.
- Assists in maximizing performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, yet able to participate within a team environment
- Ability to operate equipment safely and effectively
- Must understand equipment functions and processes of the primary areas
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
- Skid Steer Loader equipment experience preferred
Physical Requirements & Conditions:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to perform basic math computations
- Knowledge of products, industry terminology
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
- Good communication skills – verbal and listening
- Positive, courteous, and helpful approach
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed