Our Exciting Work Environment
Southland Casino Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 2,000 slot machines, live blackjack tables, craps, roulette, and live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering. Southland is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, only a short drive from downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
At Southland, guests have an array of options for dining and other entertainment, including the World Market Buffet, Bourbon Street Steakhouse, and Sammy Hagar's Red Rocker Bar and Grill.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor assists management with the efficient operation of the restaurant/food outlet and beverage service, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. Must be at least 21 years old. Must be able to obtain an Arkansas Gaming & Racing License.
- Supervises the activities of all associates assigned to floor; ensures that breaks occur in a timely manner
- Trains new and existing associates, under the direction of management
- Handles disciplinary matters and ensures quality employee performance
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of food and beverage orders
- Assists associates with service and/or billing issues
- Verifies proper set-up, service, and cleaning of assigned area throughout shift/event
- Visits with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly communicates any opportunities to management
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with employees, guests, client and the operation, with the assistance of management.
- Performs opening and closing procedures
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dinning areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the restaurant; follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Completes daily point-of-sale reports as requested by management
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures; performs inventory counts as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists management with the daily cash procedures and operations
- Assists in the timely payment of product invoices.
- Assists in the ordering of bar product, rentals for events, and other products needed for the operation.
- Assists with catered events as directed.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Food & Beverage or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in front-of-house restaurant or foodservice position, in a high volume environment, required
- One-year supervisory experience in restaurant or service environment preferred
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing required
- Previous experience using computerized POS system required; previous experience with Micros POS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a high volume sit-down restaurant with high service standards.
- Possess basic knowledge of bar operations and standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks, account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent alternating between indoor, climate-controlled environment of restaurant and temperature fluctuations of warehouse and kitchen.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
- Loud and smoky environment.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.