Pharmacy Tech II - PRN - JVMC
Location: Jordan Valley Medical Center
Posted Date: 11/19/2021
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC
The Pharmacy Technician assists with the preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department.
Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate will pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the UT Board of Pharmacy
- PTCB or EXCPT national certification as a pharmacy technician
- Ability to interact with patients, coworkers and other medical center personnel in person or by telephone, in a pleasant, courteous manner
- Math aptitude with the ability to perform dosage, concentration and quantity calculations accurately
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to consistently meet the departmental schedule as designated
- One year experience in a hospital pharmacy or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including generic and brand name pharmaceuticals
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.