Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) is a world-famous creative agency that makes jaw-dropping, thumb-stopping, eye-opening work for brands across the globe. Founded in London in 1982, we now have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Stockholm, Mumbai, Singapore and Shanghai. Our first ad for Levi’s showed a black sheep travelling in the opposite direction to a flock of white ones. That’s where we got our logo and our guiding philosophy: when the world zigs, zag. Why? Because it’s easy to zig, to go with the grain. It feels safe. It feels like the sensible thing to do. But the greater risk is failing to stand out. We believe in the power of difference to make a difference.
Our goal is a simple one: make the best work in the world. That’s where you come in. We need rebels, dreamers, thinkers, mathematicians, makers, artists, visionaries, doers, observers, the different and the unreasonable. We need Black Sheep. People who want to make the hearts flutter and minds do flips, who can change businesses and culture. People who want to make a difference, come here for something different.
Our Talent Philosophy: BBH looks for two things: good and nice. Being only one of these is not in our DNA.
BBH LA is the smallest arm of our global creative network. Our West Hollywood location and start-up mentality allow us to operate where advertising, technology, and entertainment meet. It doesn’t matter to us what form a great idea takes: an ad, an app, or even a TV show. It just matters that it stands out.
As a Strategy Director at BBH LA, you are the inspirational leader on our brands, trusted as such internally and externally. You set the bar for how excellent our strategic product is, and you help those more junior to reach that bar. You’re highly respected by the client and creatives for delivering strategic thinking that answers their business problems, and for being a champion of our creative excellence as an agency. You are adept at managing multiple projects and clients to a very high degree of quality. You can run a pitch, and you are an inspirational presenter. You’re a voice of authority within the agency, and you push the strategic discipline forward. We intend for this role to start off as remote but will eventually join the rest of the agency in our West Hollywood office once it is safe to do so.
- You will be the brand and cultural thought-leader in the room. A voice that adds to the work and gets to solutions.
- You will run a piece of business, or multiple pieces of business, autonomously
- You will be responsible for inspirational strategies grounded in logic that impact the work, the team, and the brand
- You will be deeply knowledgeable about your clients, and be seen as a trusted partner by them
- You will be responsible for assessing the effectiveness of our creative work and ensuring the work is set up for success
- You will be a trusted partner to creative, account and production, and central to key decisions taken on the account
- You will be respected by your CDs, and will help them champion the work
- You will run a pitch when required, and must be able to present confidently and engagingly
- You will have the flexibility to lend a hand outside your role when needed
- You will enthuse, motivate, and mentor those around you to do their best work, and train more junior strategists
- You will lead strategic thinking proactively, staying ahead of other agencies and the client themselves
- 6+ years of relatable experience in a creative agency setting, with experience leading pieces of business and pitches
- You can demonstrate a proven track record of delivering creatively inspiring, business-driving briefs
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience
- Gaming experience and/or passion is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.