Benefits Customer Service Specialist
The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Benefits Customer Service Representative for our client located in the West Henrietta/Rochester, NY area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
Our client is a leader in the payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services industry. They’re known for having a friendly work culture, opportunity for career advancement, & tuition reimbursement.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
Responsible for the timely and accurate set up of Premier fixed 401(k)’s, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and POP (Premium-Only-Plans).
- Provides advanced client service and ensures timely and accurate problem resolution.
- Verifies system information loaded by sales matches the client signed contract to ensure accurate data is loaded.
- Verifies that the documentation submitted meets compliance requirements by type of plan and plan design that the clients plan does not have any inconsistencies for controlled ownership also that all billing and commission is calculated correctly.
- Notifies the sales group of any inconsistencies or corrections associated with the submission of new client paperwork receives the corrections and revalidates the submission.
- Receives specific processing or exception requests from HRS Sales and approves or denies the request by utilizing multiple computer software packages.
- Works with the sales group, commissions, billing, sales support, compliance, and the Client Change team to handle the set up of new clients to ensure the plans are set up timely and accurately.
- Validates plan design and establishes the payroll connection if applicable (for non-payroll clients).
- Resolves system alerts in order to allow for an error free interface between the payroll system and the HRIS system.
- Processes participant enrollments according to the participant direction on fund selections and deferral dollar amount or percentage to ensure timely and accurate setup.
- Places a welcome call to new clients to on-board them to the service go over the plan start date confirm various details about the plan and answer any other questions the client may have.
- Verifies that the first payroll for the clients runs accurately.
- Communicates to clients branch or hub personnel and HRS sales and performs system setup changes to ensure all parties involved are aware of the situation and that all issues are corrected to ensure that an accurate next payroll is attained.
- Evaluates daily processes and procedures in order to suggest improvements to improve client satisfaction and to provide efficiency gains.
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (client proprietary experience preferred) required.
- Experience in HR related product lines including 401(k) and Section 125 plans is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word is required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and ability to multitask is preferred.