Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Systems, Electronics and Controls employs approximately 500 people. The Company's key products and services include the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls, thermal systems and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
We are currently seeking an Electronics Product Support Engineer to work in a project team environment and provide engineering support in the following areas:
- Conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis of electronic control units (ECU).
- Writing Engineering Technical Reports of Root Cause Investigation findings.
- Performing trend analyses on these root causes.
- Coordinating component internal FA and material analysis.
- Initiating Product Condition Reports (PCR) when trends are identified.
- Monitoring product reliability and producing MTBF trend charts.
- Primary technical interface for Customers Engineering questions/requests.
- Providing technical representation to engine and aircraft OEM customers.
- Preparing and conducting technical presentations.
- Driving product improvement and reliability related engineering design changes.
- Maintaining a level of engineering support to adequately satisfy demands from both internal and external customers.
- Providing technical content and coordinating development and maintenance of:
- Component Maintenance Manuals
- Service Bulletins
- Service/Technical Letters
- Component Level Repair Procedures
- Product Deviations/Authorizations
- Preparing and conducting product technical training to the repair station.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 5-10 years of electronics engineering experience in Avionics, Instrumentation, Control System Design, or Electronics Product Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Experience with diagnosing root causes of failures within both analog and digital circuit designs.
- Strong “hands on troubleshooting“ or fault isolation skillset.
- Experience with phusics of failure modes with electronics components designed for high reliability and use in harsh aerospace, environmental conditions.
- Knowledge of aerospace design standards such as DO-160 and IPC J-STD-001 as well as familiarity with 6-Sigma tools and methodologies, built-in-test, design for noisy environments, and hands on testing.
- Recent college graduates may be considered with internship or hands on experience being mandatory.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .