Requisition Number: CENTR05247
Manage, plan, direct, coordinate and budget all new network construction, to include new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, node splits, and walkout, designs for the Technology Group. Provide leadership, direction and communication to the Central Construction Coordinator team.
- Lead, develop, and manage strategic projects following Company and departmental strategy, standards, policies, and procedures; set attainable goals and objectives and follow through to successful completion.
- Actively manage construction projects, ensuring they are completed safely, on time, and within budget.
- Lead, develop, and manage the team to carry out the essential elements of Midco’s strategy, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback for team members to foster engagement. Provide coaching, training and stretch opportunities to increase team performance. Perform annual reviews and effectively manage disciplinary action.
- Design or review proposed designs, of all construction projects ensuring appropriateness to required function and/or standards, and initiate revisions where appropriate to achieve desired results.
- Manage equipment usage and maintenance to ensure that it is in operating order and used safely.
- Plan and execute projects, providing the necessary diagrams, documentations, reporting and support.
- Assist Management in the budgeting process by providing ideas, justification and documentation.
- Monitor progress, quality, safety and compliance for each project on a consistent basis.
- Actively monitor and approve invoices, expenses, purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for GIS maps, diagrams, specifications, etc.
- Prepare asbuilts accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform quality assurance checks and complete the paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all project documents are complete in their entirety, placed in Compass, and kept current.
- Ensure fiber, utility crossings, splice and storage locations are updated in the GPS.
- Acquire property for OTN sites and warehouse locations.
- Create Purchase Orders and Change Orders and issue to contractors.
- Ensure projects are closed timely and all excess materials have been returned to Material Management.
- Create BOMs and route projects for approval in Lotus Notes.
- Work with State, County, City, Townships, Railroad and other entities pertaining to permit requirements and requests. Attend State, County, City, Township and utility meetings.
- Obtain bids and negotiate costs with vendors and contractors.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and our communities. Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with all Midco policies including maintaining a safe driving record.
- Drive/maneuver vehicle and cable trailer in and around construction sites, parking lots, etc.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
- Be available to provide assistance to team members outside of normal business hours as necessary.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform duties of construction staff if needed.
- Mentor and train new hires and existing staff as required.
- Have and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years (minimum) experience in either construction or the broadband industry with exposure to project development and management required.
- NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
- Leadership experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 84 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
- The employee is required to travel up to 70% of flexible scheduled hours.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.