The purpose of this position is to ensure efficient front-end operation and to create a positive shopping environment for customers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Assists customers during the checkout process
- Properly conducts Hornbacher's bagging procedures
- Quickly and efficiently waits on all customers by moving from register to register prioritizing largest orders first
- Greet, Offer,& Thank all customers
- Accurately and efficiently assist in Parcel Pick-Up duties
Maintaining a neat and organized store appearance
- Retrieves carts from outside and keeps them organized inside
- Keeping front-end supplies stocked and organized
- Cleaning spills quickly and safely
- Other cleaning and facing duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Attention to detail
- Properly bags similar items together
- Ensuring customers receive correct items from Parcel Pick-Up
- Checking product for the highest quality
- Ability to Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers
- Ability to receive feedback and implement processes for improvement
- Ability to follow directions from the Supervisor
Physical Work Environment
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to reach, lift, stack, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull up to 5 shopping carts at a time
- May occasionally be exposed to outdoor elements (rain, wind, snow, etc.)
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts; including nights, weekends, & holidays.
At Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable.“ Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Join our grocery teams and connect with guests in a fast-paced retail position with advancement opportunities where you are encouraged to shine as you use your guest service skills. If you're friendly and dependable and you like to work with terrific guests, we'd love to talk about an opportunity on our team.
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located in the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise, Marketplace Foods, Hornbacher's and Save-A-Lot stores, and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's, Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, Subway and Erbert and Gerbert's.
Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity one guest at a time. With a vibrant and fun work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefit packages, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
Here's a list of some of the many benefits that we offer:
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Additional benefits available to full time team members
In addition to this list, we also offer flexible scheduling. We understand that many of our employees are trying to juggle school, practice, family time, errands and personal hobbies, all with only about 16 hours of “awake time“ in a day.
We celebrate a culture of recognition, encouraging employees to recognize and thank one another for remarkable behavior. We even have an app for that!
We're always looking for motivated, high-potential employees who want to be part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within our company to positions you may not yet even know exist. Coborn's, Inc. offers a variety of development programs for employees who want to grow their careers with us.
Finally, we believe that building a team of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives inspires fresh thinking and opens us up to new possibilities. We are an EEO/AA Employer - All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.