Lift Operator - Housing Available (West Dover, VT, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
As the Lift Operator, you are the copilot and concierge responsible for the safe operation of a multi-million-dollar machine. You are responsible for the safety and friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier mountain terrain. Come enjoy the season in a career full of having and providing an Experience of a Lifetime again and again.
- Wage: $20 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability – Working between 8-10 hours/day. Weekends and Holidays as needed
- Skill Level – Entry Level
- Continuously monitor safety of passengers while providing instruction and customer service in the safe loading and unloading of ski lifts; manage speed of lift as needed
- Operate lift to ensure that optimal chair capacity is achieved as determined by Lift Operations guidelines and performance reporting
- Proactively notify maintenance/dispatch of repair or maintenance needs
- Work closely with Lift Maintenance department to learn proper operation of lift equipment
- Implement emergency procedures as required, including contacting Ski Patrol
- Perform snow work, which includes but not limited to shoveling, raking, sweeping chairs while ensuring all chairs are clear of snow, ice, and/or grease
- Ensure lift is ready for operations prior to set up of maze; set-up/disassemble lift maze daily according to maze standards
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe work area and cleanliness of lift shacks; remove trash when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- No experience necessary, we train all lift operators (including returnees)
- Must be able to make quick decisions/use considerable judgement regarding safety as well as multi task and anticipate issues
- Must be physically capable of assisting guests while loading lifts, monitoring the unloading of lifts, shoveling snow, grooming load/unload ramps and assisting with lift maintenance; may lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able stand outside in a mountain environment for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to handle high guest volumes in a professional manner
- Must be willing to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of assigned area, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
The budgeted range starts at 20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443577