Product Information Clerk
We're looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who'll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it. And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly environment by encouraging employees to greet and speak to others in the building; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to stores, vendors and business stakeholders Sets a good example and is a mentor for others. Makes an effort to learn others names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Maintains the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all store or customer interactions.
- Assists stores by: (examples include but not limited to)
- escorting to the instructions they're looking for
- securing supplies and resources they need
- loading or retrieving data needed
- making note of and passing along store suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to make store lives easier, healthier, happier.
- Validate, adapt, and distribute to the stores high quality content as quickly as possible regarding product MDM, cost information, and new product offerings for use within RPM/CPM and Retail systems.
- Utilizes CPM software to answer stores questions regarding but not limited to stock availability, stock location, and cost information.
- Ensures ecommerce exceptions are worked in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures download corrections are worked in a timely and effective manner.
- Adheres to company policies and individual building guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Updates technical documentation in regards to MDM data collection and standardization.
- Assists product information coordinators with data batches for new sets and merchandising are timely and accurate.
- Assists in other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Strong basic math skills necessary. Over six months to one year of similar or related experience. Retail store experience is recommended.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must be able to perform arithmetic, algebraic, fractions, decimals, percentages and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose or edit original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data; interview to obtain basic information.
- Must be able to explain in simple language complex technical instructions over the phone.
- Must be able to physically perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of less than 20 inches and up to 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and color vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, fingering, talking, and hearing
This position is frequently exposed to noise, occasionally exposed to temperature extremes and equipment movement hazards. This is a very fast paced work environment and pressure to meet deadlines from multiple sources often at the same time is common.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Windows based PC, printer, wireless devices, telephone, fax, copier, calculator, internet, product management software, and Loyalty Software and Microsoft Office products.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise
Has daily contact with business units, buyers, advertising, marketing, store directors, product teams, IT teams, customers, suppliers/vendors and occasional contact with the general public.
Has access to confidential information including store opening and acquisition schedules, inventory information, item costs, competitive marketing campaigns, and margins.
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 265 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 1- Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America's Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company's more than 85,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle“ to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com .
com to apply today and learn about all the exciting things our IT organization does!