Team Member (WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY)
This application is for our West Chester University cafe location in West Chester, PA only. If you are interested in applying to a different cafe location, please select from the list of choices displayed on our job board.
Saxbys is a Certified B Corp and coffee company headquartered in Philadelphia with its very own Experiential Learning Platform cafe at West Chester University!
Are you tired of the same old grind? In search of a flexible, supportive environment? Are you dedicated to serving your community? Saxbys’ cafe team members are more than just baristas. You’ll get hands-on experience in food and beverage production, community leadership, and hospitality while working with fellow peers at your university’s campus!
We understand it takes more than a decked-out food and beverage menu to become a beloved cafe on campus. It takes teamwork, a drive for community, and magnetic energy from an all-student team helping fellow students achieve their collegiate goals. We are redefining what it means to be a cafe, creating a culture that fosters students to run their own impactful business to serve their community.
As a B Corp, our mission is to “Make Life Better” and be leaders of cutting-edge initiatives focused on student engagement and empowerment. Be part of the Saxbys team that’s making life better--join us as a cafe team member and help us provide a great experience to students on campus. Apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Guest Engagement and Hospitality
- Engage with cafe guests to create a culture of hospitality
- Understand the entire food and beverage menu to provide suggestions to guests and answer any questions they may have
- Effectively manage and solve guest recovery situations when they occur
- Ensure cleanliness and organization throughout the entire cafe
- Efficiently complete all tasks and prep as assigned by Team Lead and/or Student Cafe Executive Officer (C.E.O.)
- Demonstrate open communication, self-awareness, and the ability to take initiative to improve cafe operations and atmosphere
- Collaborate with a diverse team in a fast-paced service environment to live Saxbys Mission and Core Values
- Punctuality--arrive in your Saxbys uniform on time and prepared to work
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to remember and recall details of a complex menu and operations
- Able to stand, walk, and smile for extended periods
- Able to stoop and kneel
- Push, pull, lift or carry up to 35 lbs
- Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps
All team members will support, exhibit, and promote Saxbys' Mission Statement - Make Life Better - and Core Values in all daily activities. Our Core Values are:
- We Live with Pride, Passion & Purpose
- We are a Community Serving our Community
- We embrace being O.D.D. (Outgoing, Detail oriented, and Disciplined)
- Profit creates Opportunity
- Care Personally and Communicate Openly
- Serve Yourself by Serving Others