Qurate Retail Group is seeking a dynamic and passionate intern to support our Corporate Communications team. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and contribute to exciting work while learning from world-class communications professionals—in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Job Description Details
Qurate Retail GroupSM comprises eight leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and RyllaceTM – all dedicated to providing a Third Way to Shop®, beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 380 million homes worldwide via 15 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail Group is among the top 10 ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Internet Retailer) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce. Qurate Retail Group combines the best of retail, media, and social to curate products, experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers – bringing joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. Qurate Retail Group also curates large audiences, across multiple platforms, for thousands of brand vendors. Headquartered in West Chester, PA, Qurate Retail Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, Poland and China.
- Research, write, proofread, and provide input for a variety of communication formats, including but not limited to web content, fact sheets, press releases, event briefings, etc.
- Conduct background research to support ongoing media requests and/or issues management
- Assist with requests for footage, imagery and logos
- Support the ongoing maintenance of awards and rankings portfolio including the drafting of award nominations and stories for the Qurate Retail Group newsroom
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education: Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master's Degree program in communications, public relations, journalism, or similar major
- Prior internship experience in Corporate Communications/Affairs and/or Public Relations
- The desire to pursue a career in Corporate Communications
- Ability to write accurate, compelling and impactful copy to communicate with clarity and effectiveness for a variety of communication formats
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders
- Self-starter who can lead a project from start to finish
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group“), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.