Assistant Store Manager FT
West Chester, OH
- Produce sales gains, by providing customer service.
- To meet or exceed Company Objectives in all individual statistics.
- Learn to provide consistent, documented appraisal of an associates sales performance. Provide support by giving feedback on areas of strength and opportunity while keeping in line with Company Objectives.
- Adhere to current visual guidelines includes: proper merchandising, signage and store cleanliness.
- Maintain a professional appearance consistent with Company Dress Code Policy.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect Company assets within guidelines of LIDS Retail policies.
- Assist in preparation of store work schedules that provide proper store coverage and are within the Company guidelines for wage control.
- Follow all policies to accurately manage store inventory including receiving, transferring, completing price change and conducting product counts.
- Complete accurate product counts in a consistent and timely manner.
- Perform proper documentation and record keeping per LIDS Retail policies as well as state and federal laws.
- Open and close the store as required following the procedures per the Operations P&P Manual.
Additional Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Store Manager on duty for any employee scheduling issues, customer complaints, etc. when Store Manager is not present
- Manage store associates through thorough use of LIDS Training Programs, goal setting (for sales and tasks), and regular follow up when Store Manager is not present.
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warning in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing the store including calling in associates to work in unexpected peaks when the Store Manager is not present.
- Participate in LIDS Training Programs, adhere to set goals (for sales and tasks) and regular follow up.
- Assist in recruiting and training store personnel on proper store operations and procedures.
- Encourage store associates direct compliance of established company policies, procedures and guidelines including (but not limited to) safekeeping of company inventory, funds and property.
- Perform work of subordinates as needed.
- Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year relative experience.
- Established ability to produce sales results while minimizing loss.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear professional manner.
- Ability to operate a computer, as well as maneuver relative software programs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder and work with hands overhead.
- Standing required for up to 100% of the work time.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Thank you for your interest in Lids!
You have applied for Assistant Store Manager FTopportunities in this general geographical area. Open positions at specific locations are posted regularly on the Lids career site. We highly encourage you to apply to preferred locations directly.