Patient Service Representative Team Lead
Req Number: 25136
In combination with their daily functional area duties, serves as the front line for issues as they relate to front desk operations. Oversees and supervises clerical operations of the front desk. Trains and re-trains all patient service representatives.
Monday - Friday: 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides feedback concerning additional team member training needs.
- Recognizes and provides coaching, counseling, and discipline as appropriate.
- Promotes the practice within the team and motivates the staff.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation and completion of all necessary paperwork
- Collects and copies insurance cards and other pertinent documents.
- Ensures accurate data entry into the RIS system.
- Ensures accurate and timely collection of co-pays, self-pays, and other patient balances.
- Keeps patients, technologists and/or manager informed with regard to patient flow.
- Organizes, distributes and maintains a monthly team member schedule.
- Ensures that all performance reviews are completed, conducted and turned in on time.
- Provides thorough and accurate information to all customers.
- Follows all compliance plan standards.
- Follows all team policies and related procedures.
- Responsive to customer and patient questions; knows where and how to obtain information/answers.
- Follows protocols while answering incoming calls; provides thorough and accurate information to all callers.
- Communicates appropriate preparation(s) and other information to callers and patients.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately maintaining rapport with patients and referring physicians and their staff.
- Maintains composure and behaves professionally in difficult patient situations and knows when to involve manager.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with manager.
- Ensures patient jackets are complete with all necessary documentation and information prior to filing.
- Files reports, films jackets, phone orders and other documents as required. Signs out and re-files film when necessary. Uses appropriate tracking devices.
- Ensures transcribed reports are appropriately forwarded in a timely fashion as necessary. Tracks missing reports and ensures all patients have a corresponding report.
- Communicates report status or content to referring physician offices via fax or verbally. Mails or sends film upon request, using standard protocol.
- Ensures comparison films and previous patient documents/jackets are obtained in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all “callbacks” are completed and scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Addresses workflow issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Review schedules ensuring every effort is made to utilize all open time slots.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
NJIN West Caldwell-2051
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Must have one of the following: a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong public relations skills, and exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, possess clerical skills, and have the ability to interact effectively with doctors, referring doctors and staff, patients, vendors, peers, and management.
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision, co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity, and exercises confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Attends regular corporate meetings as requested.
- Follows OSHA regulations, RadNet and site protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality standards at all times.
- Practices universal safety precautions.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and systems.
- Reports to work regularly as scheduled; consistently punctual with respect to working hours and lunch schedules, and maintains satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with RadNet guidelines.
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely manner.
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, constant talking, and hearing. Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally. All employees are to assist and participate as members of a lift assistance team (for special accommodation patients or any patient requiring assistance onto a table or equipment placement) to initiate or complete an exam or procedure.
Representatives work in a medical office setting with low to moderate noise level.
$16 - $23 / hour
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran, marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RadNet does participate in E-I9 verify.