Performs all secretarial and receptionist functions necessary for the complete and efficient management of patients through the ambulatory facility, including the acquisition of necessary patient-care and records. Using the Department of Radiology’s service expectation standards for greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette, answers all incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion. Adheres to divisional and departmental service standards related to telephone access to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the Practice by telephone. As centralized Department of Radiology staff you will be cross trained and required to rotate within all Dept. of Radiology areas, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required; post-high school education preferred.
- Minimum one year of applicable work experience required.
- Additional training in office systems preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), answer routine questions, and give routine information.
- Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner, and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
- Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo, or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
- Ability to type and enter data at an entry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems.
- Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
- Basic understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Basic comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Basic comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State, and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
Hospital based ambulatory practice. Normal patient environments where there are some exposures to communicable diseases, unpleasant odors, needle, and blood products.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.