Requisition Number: UTILI01096
The basic job responsibilities are providing job material to work areas and distributing and/or storing deliveries. Other responsibilities include transferring of parts from various locations, pulling of service orders for field service and the stocking of inventory. This position is responsible for cutting bar stock to length based on manufacturing work orders. Receives, inspects, handles and stores bar stock in bar stock locations, utilizing overhead crane, forklift and manual, physical lifting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Off-load stock from delivery vehicle utilizing forklift and/or overhead crane.
• Stores bar stock in proper locations utilizing forklift and/or overhead crane.
• Working from instructions, cuts bar stock in accordance with dimensional data on manufacturing work order.
• Marks identifying data on cut pieces and remaining bar stock.
• Transfer cut pieces to proper inventory and/or manufacturing location.
• Maintain clean, safe working environment.
• Deburr finished cut pieces to remove major burrs.
• Responsible for basic saw machine set-up, including replacement and alignment of appropriate saw blade.
• Responsible for upkeep of saw including cleaning, lube, and fluid levels.
• Assist shipping and receiving as needed and make deliveries and pickups as required
• General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the saw and bar stock areas
• Provide support and expertise to the organization to develop and/or implement new or improved processes
• Maintain harmonious and productive working relationships with Company’s domestic and international customers, vendors, and co-workers
• Maintain and work within safety rules and regulations as established by Company, OSHA, and facilities management.
•High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Ability to operate various machining, cutting tools and related equipment
• Must have a mechanical aptitude.
• Requires attention to detail.
• Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane safely.
• Ability to use measuring devices with skills in quality control.
• Requires basic mathematical knowledge.
• Must have ability to obtain Forklift Certification and Crane Operation.