Breakfast Attendant - Residence Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Wesley Chapel is located on the 120-acre campus of the Wiregrass Ranch Sports Complex of Pasco County. Our hotel provides more space and more flexibility, so our guests can travel the way they love to live. 128 spacious suites with full kitchens, expansive outdoor spaces, an on-site market, and a robust, daily hot breakfast create a homelike atmosphere. The Skybox, the only rooftop bar in Wesley Chapel, features spectacular views, refreshing beverages, and small plates.
The hotels Breakfast Host will be responsible for the breakfast dining experience to include greeting guests in a gracious and professional manner that represents the highest of standards to ensure exceptional service to all guests that is consistent and continually in accordance with Mainsail Lodging & Development service standards. Set-up and replenish all breakfast items and keep buffet area clean, clutter free and well organized.
Status: Non Exempt --
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options Basic Life & Disability Plan Options 401(k) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off Holiday Pay Career Training & Development Opportunities Tuition Reimbursement Bereavement Leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Jury Duty (may vary by state) Employee Discounts Employee Referral Bonus All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal!
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Work as part of a team with all team members within the hotel
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform/approved attire
- Serve guests in an efficient and courteous manner
- Must enjoy working an early morning shift
- Continuously check breakfast buffet area for cleanliness
- Prepare buffet with necessary items for the length of breakfast service
- Ability to provide descriptors regarding menu items
- Awareness of any items that will be substituted on the buffet
- Replenish hot and cold items when running low
- Refill beverages for guests
- Detail tables and remove all items not being used
- Bus tables quickly and quietly
- Maintain a clean dining area
- Ability to handle situations, or when situations arise, ability to let manager/supervisor know ahead of time so as not to affect the guest experience
- Perform other duties as management requests to service our guests
- Follow all standard operating procedures
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous hospitality and/or serving position required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk and bend
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations, maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.