POS Support Representative II
Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry. For more information, visit www.shift4.com.
An POS Technical Support Representative is expected to work with customers to identify pos system problems. They should achieve resolution by analyzing call logs to notice common trends and underlying problems and by applying a logical thought process to the troubleshooting they are performing based on the training they have been given. They should support interactions with customers through multi messaging campaigns such as email, tickets, phone, task systems, and chat systems. These interactions should be coordinated and real-time. Representatives are also expected to acquire an in-depth understanding of the software and equipment customers are using accompanied by good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
- Improve system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions
- Provide resolution by identifying problems; researching answers & guiding merchants through corrective steps
- Receive & resolve inbound calls, emails, chats, tasks, & Tickets
- This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- As a Support Technician, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
- Demonstrate exemplary performance & attendance
- Must be flexible in work hours for 24/7 Support Center needs
- Must participate in an on-call rotation
NOTE- 4 Days in office/ 1 Day remote after training is completed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience working with Hospitality POS is a plus
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced support center environment
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve customer issues
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- Creative and forward-thinking
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of customer service core principles and practices
We are looking for individuals who are comfortable on the phone and in-person for meetings, be proficient in Google Workspace and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, knowledge and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.