Human Resources Admin
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we’re so glad!
We are searching for an experienced and innovative Hiring and Office Assistant who is strategically focused on driving business results with an aggressive desire for excellence. This individual embodies a can-do and collaborative spirit and is committed to success. It takes the identification of a fundamental problem, vision to see possible solutions and diverse talent to breathe innovative genius.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY
- Assist in the hiring process:
- Following up with applicant to set up or get the results from work keys test
- Following up applicant to set up interview time
- Coordinating the interviews on site
- Following up with temp agency for temp-to-hires on site
- Keeping track of all applicants and their status
- Following up through email or call with applicants on their status
- Following up with active recruiting agencies with updates (what is working/ what is not working)
- Helping proctor Work Keys Testing
- Help manage the ordering of supplies (office, plant floor) break room supplies
- Provide backup to administrative assistants upon their absences
- Any other administrative or office tasks as needed or assigned
- Helping to manage JanPro cleaning service on site – following up with needs of the plant and any conversations needed with the JanPro management and on-site personnel
- Assisting HR in managing all administrative functions as needed including meeting agenda preparation, getting and sorting mail, updating phone listings, coordination/planning of company functions, coordination of visits by customers and other VIPs
- This position is a hands-on position and individual hired will need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, bend, crouch, reach, and pick up about 30 pounds at a time.
- Need to have flexible hours – to meet with Janpro in the afternoon and make candidate calls after normal business hours
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with HR background including hiring and manning production workforce.
- Above average interpersonal skills to include, working with executives, handling confidential information / situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to company policies / standards regarding the handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a MUST.
- Creative mindset.
- Experience with Google platform.
- Self-starter with high energy levels.
- Observant and able to anticipate needs and requirements.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing people and able to give discipline when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree is preferred.
- Driver’s License