The position will contribute to the building and executing of trade related strategies for Radius Health. The individual will provide updates, direction, and input to the Market Access leadership team and assist in the development of the overall market access strategic plan for inline Osteoporosis product and launch brands in the oncology and endocrine disease areas. This position reports to the Director, Pricing and Contracting Strategy and Trade Management.
This is a field-based role
- Informs Market Access strategy development and management decisions by providing account and market segment subject matter expertise.
- Collaborates closely with the Director, Pricing and Contracting Strategy and Trade Management to establish strategic and tactical plans that align with those of Radius Health's brands.
- Creates, implements and maintains detailed account plans for targeted accounts. Maintains deep knowledge of Accounts' mission, goals, history, geographic presence/influence, structure, payer mix, health care reform efforts, services, quality measures, financial performance, product coverage, performance and executive leadership.
- Create and refine analyses using wholesaler and SP data to improve Radius's performance in both market segments.
- Cultivates and leverages an expansive network of relationships with key customers within target accounts and industry organizations
- Negotiates and measures contract performance with target accounts based on approved strategies.
- Analyzes and understands sales trends for each product sold to each account.
- Identifies current and emerging trends in managed care rules, regulations, policies, procedures, reimbursement, benefit and structural designs.
- Collaborates with both functional and cross functional colleagues to appropriately implement plans, provide guidance, give/receive feedback, ensure alignment and fully utilize resources.
- Partners with Field Sales colleagues to lead push and pull through programs at the regional level. Assess account policies, oversight and investigational proposals
- Ensures all activities are consistent with all regulations, laws and company compliance policies.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of pharma/biotech experience and/or advanced pharmacy degree preferred.
- Experienced in IDNs, ACOs, and/or Specialty Pharmacies is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the US health care market; US healthcare delivery, financial, and reimbursement mechanisms; ACA; formulary/PDL development, and compliance laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-organizational projects and teams with and without direct management authority.
- Experience with products with limited distribution networks and/or HUB models is preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change within a dynamic growing organization and an evolving health care market place as needs dictate.
- Experience in Bone Health is preferred.
- Candidates should be willing and able to travel approximately 60% of the time (average 3 days per week).