The HR Operations Assistant provides a wide variety of administrative and support services to the HR Operations team. He/she manages schedules and arranges appointments, and on occasion manages travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. The HR Operations Assistant stays closely tied to all areas of HR including HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Communications and HRBP to carry out assignments and complete smaller projects as required. He/she works under minimal supervision and is self-driven/organized.
- Assists in the population of HR dashboards and key performance metrics
- Participates in compliance reporting including EEO, AAP, etc.
- Assists on specific HR Operations projects to help drive tasks to completion
- Participates in audits as required and ensures compliance with applicable laws and government regulations
- Assists with calendar management where required
- Provide planning and logistics support for interviews, department meetings and training events including managing attendee list, transportation, hotel arrangements, catering, agendas, minute taking, communications, etc.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- Provide administrative support including document/presentation preparation, scheduling, and basic travel arrangements
- Responsible for coordinating specific HR processes as assigned
- Supports the development and coordination of HR Operations initiatives
- Performs other incidental and related duties and special organizational development projects as required and assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Human Resources, Shared Services, HRIS or Talent in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated organizations skills; ability to juggle schedules, meetings, etc. in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in HR/talent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of current technical applications including MS Office suite and Workday; ability to learn new software programs with ease.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, possessing tact discretion and diplomacy
- Strong focus on details; ability to crosscheck and audit data to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting
- Communicates a “can do“ attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- Highly self-motivated and conscientious person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to prioritize work accordingly and meet deadlines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@vwr.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.