Position Title: Teller
Reports To: Branch Manager or Multi Site Branch Manager
Department: Retail Banking
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Wayland Branch
Schedule/Hours: Position is scheduled for 40 hours per week. Regularly scheduled hours will be Monday through Thursday (9:00am-4:00pm), Friday (9:00am-6:00pm), and Saturday (9:00am-12:00pm). Rotating Saturday schedule: When working a Saturday schedule, rotate with time off during the week. Flexibility is needed to occasionally work more or different hours to cover for vacations and holidays.
Purpose: The Teller is a critical member of the branch team delivering a personalized and caring client experience, efficiently handling banking transactions, and introducing products and services that improve the financial well-being of clients.
Degree of Supervision Received: Moderate
- Supervision Received (title): Branch Manager or Multi Site Branch Manager
Degree of Supervision Given: None
- Supervision Given to (Titles): N/A
- Greets clients and prospective clients entering the branch following established customer service guidelines
- Provides exceptional customer service and an outstanding banking experience by handling financial transactions accurately and professionally
- Maintains responsibility for a cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures
- Supports daily operations of the branch to include processing night deposit bags, ATM deposits, balancing the vault, ATM, cash recycler, and cash advance machine, or other operational needs
- Answers the phone within the branch promptly and professionally
- Ensures compliance with security and audit procedures
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and completes assigned compliance training
- Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products and services
- Refers complex customer needs to the appropriate team member/business partner
- Introduces clients to digital solutions including mobile banking, online banking, and ATMs
- Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Teller may be required to perform other duties as assigned, including supporting other talent development and planning work that supports the business success.
Job Related Qualifications – Education and Prior Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED or equivalent business experience
- Prior Experience: 6 months customer service experience or equivalent as demonstrated through one or a combination of work experience, training, military experience, education
- Licenses or Accreditation: Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) to obtain a unique identifier that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. Renews registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
- Ability to make personal connections, engage clients, be courteous and professional
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
- Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to regularly lift 1-10 lbs., occasionally lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Able to frequently bend and reach
- Extensive computer usage and use of hands is required
- Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
- Able to travel:
- Extensive computer usage is required.
- Ability to work: Evenings and Weekends
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, or (585) 786-1417 or 585-498-7565.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.