Truck Driver CDL B
$1,000 sign-on bonus after probationary period.
JOB TITLE: Truck Driver (CDL B) PW14/NE09
DEPARTMENT: Public Works, City of Waycross
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for operating a truck to haul dirt and transport materials and equipment to and from work sites.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Operates a dump truck to haul equipment & materials to and from work sites.
- Operates equipment such as fork lift, backhoe and tractors to perform other duties
- Operates a front-end loader, backhoe, forklift, or other equipment to load materials onto truck or fill in as required.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment, including lubrication and checking air, oil, water, and other fluids.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures pertaining to street and drainage system maintenance and improvement.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
- Skill in operating a dump truck.
- Skill in operating a front-end loader, backhoe, forklift and other equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Street Superintendent assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor reviews work in progress and upon completion for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures, relevant laws, work orders, safety rules, and supervisory instructions. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of related duties in driving a truck.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of the position is to transport materials and equipment to and from job sites. Successful performance facilitates the maintenance and repair of city streets and drainage systems.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with co-workers, other city employees, and the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is performed outdoors. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, and occasional inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of a valid Class B driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Equal Opportunity Employer–Drug Free Workplace