Requisition Number: 2017A01093
Position: Medical Assisting or Health Services Administration Instructor
Start Date: May 2021
Reports to: Academic Program Director-MA & Health Services Administration
- Teach 3-14 contact hours in Medical Assisting or Health Services Administration classes based on qualifications and college need (3 campus locations in area)
- Current teaching format is Blended learning with 51% of course work managed in the classroom or virtually and 49% managed online.
- Must be available on local campus for scheduled class session each week, and to interact electronically with students during the week between classes.
- Facilitate student progress in achieving theory and performance requirements of the program, including CMA pass rates
- Assist in developing and utilize instructional plans, course blueprints, and business connects
- Participate in campus events
- Develop, implement, and assess strategies and techniques for improved student retention and success
- Ensure instructional success and model lifelong learning through continuous professional development
- Complete and maintain a teaching portfolio
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in allied health, preferred Master’s degree in allied health field.
- Hold or be eligible for a nationally-recognized field certification such as CMA, RMA, RN, DO, DC, JD, MD, DVM
- Reimbursement/Coding/Electronic Medical Records, candidate must possess one of the following certifications: CMRS, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, RHIT or RHIA.
- Successful work experience required in clinic, medical office, or laboratory setting involving clinical skills
- Effective in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance
- Teaching experience or aptitude preferred
- Working knowledge of computer software and research databases
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and student success
- Commitment to continuous curriculum enhancement and application of best practices
- Strong team player
- Ability to make meaningful and positive connections with diverse student body in a career college environment
Please submit cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and teaching philosophy.
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer