Requisition Number: COMMU01349
Purpose of the Position
The Employment Specialist carries out the services of the IPS Supported Employment program by assisting mental health clients obtain and maintain employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
- One to three years experience
- Driving Requirements:
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license and appropriate auto insurance coverage as required by North Central Health Care.
- Must have the use of a personal vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Engages clients and establishes collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in community job settings with other workers without psychiatric disabilities.
Assists clients in obtaining information about their benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid, etc.) and how they will be affected by employment. Refers clients to benefits counseling as needed.
Assesses clients’ vocational functioning on ongoing basis, utilizing background information and work experiences. With the client’s permission, provides education and support to family members. Discusses clients’ preferences for disclosure of psychiatric status to employers.
Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on caseload, following the principles and procedures of IPS supported employment.
Maintains regular and predictable on-site attendance.
Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
- Demonstrate organizational, leadership, management, clinical, department, program, common position and job specific competencies as required by North Central Health Care and/or various regulatory agencies based on job title.
- Complete organizational, leadership, management, clinical, department, program, common position and job specific education as required by North Central Health Care and/or various regulatory agencies based on job title.
- Qualifications and provision of care are in accordance with national acceptable standards of practices pertinent to role based on job title.
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards along with federal, state and local codes pertinent to role based on job title.
Core Value Standards of Behavior
It is expected that all employees will demonstrate behaviors that support excellence as defined by North Central Health Care’s Core Value Standards of Behavior.
Exposure to Hazards:
- Limited exposure to workplace hazards.
- Background Noise
- Tight Spaces and/or Close Quarters
- Subject to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system: Fumes, odors, dust,
mist, gases or poor ventilation
- Exposed to infectious diseases or other possible infectious materials including: blood, fecal matter, OPIM...
- Required to function around high behavioral or physically disruptive individuals
Type of travel:
Nature of travel:
Acknowledgement and Compliance
All requirements of the described position are subject to change over time where I may be required to perform other duties as requested by NCHC. Further, I acknowledge that this job description is neither an employment contract.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, NCHC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. North Central Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.