- Perform radiographic operations including selection of appropriate techniques, positioning of materials, exposure of film, etc. to identify and assess defects in castings and weldments.
- Perform all darkroom procedures to develop film. Interpretation of film results to determine whether parts pass or fail inspection based on knowledge of defect seriousness, codes, standards and customer specifications. Prepare necessary documentation of inspection process.
- Move parts by hand and using forklifts, hoists and other lifting equipment, to facilitate inspection.
- Review new customer orders to help determine proper processing through X-Ray operations.
- Obtain certification(s) and perform or assist in other NDT disciplines as needed.
- High School diploma or GED and post High School education in NDT or a technical field is preferred.
- Certified to W.C. and N.R.C. Radiation Operating, Emergency, & Security Procedures.
- Certification to RT Level II, to SNT-TC-1A NAS-410, MIL-STD-2132, Navsea Tech Pub. 010/271
- Able to follow written and verbal instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be certified as Trustworthy and Reliable, including an FBI background check.
- Strong work ethic, excellent verbal and written skills. High attention to detail and team player.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace