Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
Meets safety, production, sustainability, and quality standards. Interacts with other departments to achieve company’s core strategies. Responsible for aligning printed material received from the press room and prepare for cutting.
- Jogs loads according to customer specifications.
- Inspects printed product and notes defects.
- Operate a pallet jack
- Calibrate scale on jogging equipment
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Complies with established facility safety policies and procedures and other regulations (IE: GMP, BRC and HAACP) as applicable.
- Interacts and behaves professionally. Treats all associates respectfully and professionally while maintaining company code of ethics.
- Responsible for maintaining daily housekeeping efforts
- Supports an optimized production environment by applying the principles of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- The minimal language skills are ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one.
- The minimal math ability is addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but straightforward written and oral instructions.
- Must have basic computer and business operating systems knowledge.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Must be certified Pallet Jack operator.
- The physical demands require standing, using hands to finger, feel and touch; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. This position requires frequent walking. Occasionally employee is required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.