Medline has an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst II with the Sterile Procedure Tray “SPT“ Division in Waukegan, IL. Under general supervision, the Business Systems Analyst will consult users in the area of automated systems. He/She will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Work cross-functionally to deliver system functionality in support of streamlined and efficient processes. The Business Systems Analyst will configure system settings and options; create specifications for systems to meet business requirements; plan and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional communication skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves“ entrepreneurial attitude.
The responsibilities include:
- Analyze moderate to complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Design details of automated systems.
- Responsible for execution and implementation of changes to business applications as well as ensuring accurate, timely, and efficient configuration to business applications.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates. Document functional specifications for system solutions and enhancements to existing business systems.
- Recommend and implement configuration changes to improve the overall efficiency of system processing. Develop operational processes and/or process improvements.
- Serve as the conduit between business and IT team with UAT and end-users as needed to develop and execute appropriate test plan to verify configuration changes work as intended. Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Contribute to testing and debugging of system enhancements.
- Develop, maintain and complete processes to continuously monitor data quality and system integrity.
- Working with large datasets, develop reports and dashboards.
- Create training materials and deliver system training to new employees.
- Bachelor's degree.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of data, business and/or systems analyst experience to include experience translating between business and technical requirements.
- Experience applying knowledge of relational database schemas.
- Experience with structured querying language (SQL).
- Experience documenting technical processes into digestible formats.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology related field.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within and between teams.