Embroidery Machine Operator--WAUCONDA, IL
FULL TIME or PART TIME
• FLEX HOURS
• FUN ENVIRONMENT
Stitchworks Apparel located in Wauconda ILis a family run business that has been in operation for over 30 years. We provide our customers with quality products along with personal service and care. Currently, we are experiencing tremendous growth and expanding rapidly so we are looking to hire a fulltime employee with strong work ethic to join our team!
We are in need of an Embroidery Machine Operator. We can offer a very FLEXIBLE work schedule with a fun and laid-back environment. The ideal candidate can work M-F but can create their own schedule. This job uses a multi-head embroidery machine (Tajima) and related embroidery equipment to embroider designs (e.g., company names, university logos, etc.) on products such as shirts, sweatshirts, coats, sweatpants, and shorts. This is a high volume fast paced role by nature. The goal of this job is to embroider high-quality designs in an accurate, efficient, and safe manner with minimal errors. Reporting to the shop manager, this position requires hooping of items to be embroidered, trimming, folding, inspecting and packing embroidery and/or heat transfer products. Ongoing training will be provided for machine operation to advance in the organization. Experience in sewing or as a seamstress will be very helpful but not required. This can be a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail and a positive attitude with excellent attendance. Ability to stand and/or walk around for up to 7 hours a day. Ability to daily lift and transfer materials/boxes up to 35 LBS. Join our growing company and learn a new trade. Apply Today!!
- Review graphic design
- Organize hoops, thread, and backing
- Arrange layout including new, in-process and completed orders.
- Power up all equipment saving previous designs not completed.
- Remove and clean all bobbin cases and oil specified area.
- Check threading on all needles including thread placement for all needles.
- Monitor the embroidery of product(s), keeping the machines running at all times
- Conduct a complete inspection of the order making note of the request.
- Remove all excess backing from the underside of the product.
- Fold and pack all items to the set standards unless the otherwise specified.
- At the end of the day shut down all machines, blow off all machines and equipment, wipe down all tables, vacuum or sweep the floor
- Process work orders accurately, efficiently, and safely with minimal errors.
- Maintain accurate counts utilizing basic math skills.
- Use scissors and other small hand tools requiring hand/finger dexterity.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, and grip throughout work shift.
- Ability to read and comprehend a work order
Qualifications & Abilities
• High school diploma and trade experience
- Experience as a seamstress is helpful
- Previous sewing experience helpful
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math computation.
- Willingness to learn new computer programs necessary for the position
- Ability to perform frequent repetitive tasks such as bending
- Ability to meet all required deadlines; ability to change priorities quickly as needed; ability to independently handle stress and maintain a mature problem-solving demeanor.
For immediate consideration send resume to: email@example.com