Family Nurse Practitioner- $10,000 Recruitment Bonus Available!
Planned Parenthood of the North Country New York, Inc.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of health care? Are you someone who values reproductive rights?
Then Planned Parenthood is the place for you.
Planned Parenthood of the North Country New York provides high-quality, affordable family planning and reproductive health care for nearly 12,000 women and men in the North Country each year no matter what. We have seven health centers throughout Clinton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence counties.
Planned Parenthood offers:
* A tight knit, supportive, family atmosphere
* The opportunity to practice at the top of your license
* Training in the latest methods of reproductive and sexual health
* An independent structure with collaborative oversight
* Competitive pay & benefits
* A focus on education and prevention
* A focus on high-quality, evidence-based practice
* A unique chance to combine mission with medical practice
* A gratifying personal experience
Some of the perks:
- $10,000 Recruitment Bonus
- Company-paid DEA renewal and BLS
- $2500 annually for CME conferences
- 5 paid days off annually to obtain CMEs
- Work/life balance with flexible workweek schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AS&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short and long term disabilities, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- Generous vacation, sick, personal and holiday benefits
- Professional development opportunities including in-house training
- 401(k) contribution
- Malpractice coverage
- Secures a complete health history, including obstetric, gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, sexual, family health, psychosocial, and documents findings accurately and succinctly. At subsequent visits he/she will include an interval history and all changes will be documented in the medical record.
- Provides PREP services.
- Performs Primary Care services.
- Provides Transgender services.
- Performs physical examinations with emphasis reproductive health system including breast examination, pelvic examination, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical policy.
- Performs, orders and interprets routine laboratory tests.
- Recongizes deviations from normal, evaluates, and refers to appropriate medical/social resources.
- Provides education and counseling in areas of health maintenance and reproductive health, such as nutrition, infertility, sexuality, family planning, family dynamics, breast health and menopause.
- Recognizes common gynecologic disorders, and provides treatment within affiliate medical protocols.
- Manages therapy for specific gynecologic disorders, in collaboration with the physician as needed.
- Correlates history, physical data, and laboratory results to select and carry out a contraceptive program tailored to the patient’s needs.
- Works as part of a team to maximize productivity standards of 4 patient per hour.
- Performs and orders diagnostic studies as indicated and permitted by PPNCNY medical protocols.
- Diagnoses and treats minor deviations from the normal, using prescribed protocols and consulting with the physician as needed.
- Provides relevant health instruction to include family planning, nutrition, sexuality counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
- Collaborates with the PPNCNY health team and other community agencies and resources through joint planning and coordination of activities, in providing comprehensive care.
- Assists in the orientation of the new clinical personnel.
- Supervises and assists NP, PA and nursing students according to contracts with the various teaching institutions.
- Works closely with the VP of Patient Services, Health Center Coordinators and Medical Director to problem solve and develop solutions.
- Supports the Risk/Quality Management process and provides input into decision making.
- Assists in surgical services as needed.
- Performs medication abortion.
- Participates in research or clinical trials approved by PPFA and PPNCNY.
- Collaborates with clinical and non clinical team members to provide excellent internal and external customer service with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Reviews monthly financial and patient visit reports.
- Participates in PPNCNY’s provider on-call program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and data with
- accuracy, attention to detail, flexibility andconfidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability work cooperatively with internal
- and external customers.
- Excellent business English, and knowledgeable of Microsoft Word.
- Commitment to PPNCNY core values of teamwork, compassion,
- confidentiality and quality care.
- Acceptance and understanding of PPNCNY Personnel Policies.
- Current certification in BLS/CPR
- Ability to travel.
- License or certification for advanced nurse practice within New YorkState.
- Nurse practitioner training and subsequent experience in reproductive health care.
- NCC certification (or certification by another recognized body) recommended but not required.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions
- Lift/carry 10 lbs. or less frequently, and up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Bend/squat/kneel frequently
- Twist/turn constantly
- Climb stairs frequently
- Type/keyboard constantly
Competitive benefits package upon employment and based on eligibility, to include, but not limited to: Health, dental and vision insurance; retirement, disability, vacation, personal and sick leave; etc. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.