Senior Data Analyst - Business Implementation
Tufts Health Plan Watertown, MA
Under direction of the Manager, Enterprise Business Implementation, the Senior Business Analyst will lead and support Enterprise wide data analysis and reporting initiatives by using SAS, Cognos and other SQL database tools. This individual works closely with the appropriate Tufts Health Plan staff to accurately report and analyze company and industry trends through effective planning, analysis, and project support. Essential functions occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using strong judgment. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and reporting trends (utilization, cost, savings, provider impact, etc.) in all of Tufts Health Plan's lines of business including Commercial, Sr. Product and Public Plan operations divisions. The individual will be expected to lead reporting projects, present findings and communicate effectively to senior level management. The Senior Business Analyst is expected to seek guidance from the Manager when appropriate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)
* Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests through a centralized mailbox for departments across the organization
* Develop and run standard scheduled reports such as monthly dashboards and weekly monitoring reports
* Provide data and reporting solutions using understanding of business operations and a consultative approach with stakeholders
* Automate and simplify reporting wherever possible by eliminating duplication and manual efforts.
* Build and support databases for end users such as self-service access databases and prompt fed Cognos reports.
All categories of analysis and reporting include the following key elements:
* Collecting business reporting needs and interpreting for query development
* Developing the query language necessary
* Testing and quality checking the methodology for validity, accuracy, and comprehension
* Implementing the report and/or database
* Creating any necessary documentation and providing handoffs where appropriate
* Performing maintenance and enhancements if necessary
Lead complex and strategic data analysis to support departmental metrics and goals as well as corporate agenda projects/initiatives. This includes collaboration with multiple areas of the organization across all lines of business to identify needs, design and implement reporting solutions.
Participate in presenting project work at project work groups and to senior level management
EDUCATION: (Minimum educations & certifications required)
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills generally acquired through college or other advanced education is required. Subject matter expertise in at least one insurance operations function
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and raise issues to appropriate team members or management for resolution
* Ability to conceptualize the impact of change and propose new methods of conducting business
* Ability to interpret and explain the implications of planned changes to current state business units.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
* Knowledge of and proficiency in database applications and/or design, knowledge of SQL, Tufts HP applications (Tahpmaster, Macess, InfoLink, etc.)
* Ability to utilize multiple applications simultaneously and be able to grasp new software programs easily
* Requires the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
Must be able to effectively communicate with all internal departments in verbal and written formats.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy and department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled