Manufacturing Engineer I 33956
Join Cerebral Staffing, LLC on site at our client John Deere in Waterloo, IA as a Manufacturing Engineer!
Location: Waterloo, IA
Duration of Role: One Year Plus
Pay: $31.50 - $33.75/hour
Hours: 1st (7 am to 3:30 pm) or 3rd shift (10:30 pm to 7:00 am) so candidates must be open to both shifts. Overtime is likely, weekend and before shift starts.
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project
or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise
product delivery process or the enterprise order fullment process. At this
level, projects are of limited scope and responsibility; work plans and
decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by
supervisors and/or managers. May assign coordinate and review portions of the
work for support personnel and contractors.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations.
Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring
* Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods
documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current
operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
* Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic
improvement ideas of limited scope.
* Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
* Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean
manufacturing through the Deere Production System. Designs operations
layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
* Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and
* Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
* Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline
data for new wage performance pay plans.
* Manager is willing to see recent grad candidates with Technology/Engineering degrees.
* 1 or more year of production or manufacturing experience is preferred.
* Manager is looking for Spring 2022 grads that are located in the Midwest.
* This is a shop floor position so candidates need to be comfortable in this environment.
* This position is approved for 1 year but may be extended beyond the current end date.