Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Howe and Howe Technologies, a Textron Systems company. We are looking to hire a skilled Fabricator/Assembler to join our team in Waterboro, Maine.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the ability to:
- Perform tasks necessary to the production process including fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products
- Comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents
- Examine blueprints and assemble machinery
- Operate heavy machinery
- Be a team player and collaborate with engineers designing and testing new products
- Perform thorough quality control and identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
- Maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions to meet safety and quality requirements
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or GED
- The ability to work a 40 hour work week
- Ability to read and understand product schematics and assembly instructions
- Knowledge of manufacturing technology
- Good background in basic electrical principles
- Basic understanding of hydraulic principles and hydraulic hose assembly
- Lots of standing, fast paced environment, H&H speed
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.