Maintenance Engineer Suburban Extended Stay Washington
At EXCL Hospitality, our starting wage for Maintenance Engineer is $15 - $17/hr
Do you have high standards of quality and accuracy?
Do you like to work hard in a small team environment where you are a one person department - independent in your daily work?
Do you like to complete work from start to finish?
Do you like to follow established award winning quality assurance protocols to keep a building looking brand new every day?
Would you like to work for a company that provides you the tools and resources you need to do your job well?
In addition to fixing things, are you the kind of person who will be satisfied in a position where you spend time each day executing more tedious janitorial duties including trash, perimeter walks and daily room and system inspections?
The Maintenance Engineer reports to the General Manager and will have responsibility for total quality assurance in all guest suites and common areas. This includes preventative maintenance for guest suites, public areas, major equipment and grounds.
- Maintain the hotel grounds and building exteriors on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis participating in daily room maintenance.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance program in accordance with Best Methods C&L Hospitality standards.
- Complete all maintenance work orders identified for the day – painting, minor electrical & plumbing, drywall repair, HVAC cleaning, appliance installation.
- Assess maintenance issues and either fix them or initiate service call with established vendors.
- Maintain a work order assignment board and track completed/pending work orders. Follow-up on all incomplete work orders to inform requesting guest or department of the status of their work order.
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance on laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, lawn equipment, exercise equipment and plumbing are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Inspect guest rooms.
- Implement Maintenance Department programs to assure that the quality criteria are met.
- Educate appropriate staff on basic maintenance procedures to maintain high quality guest service.
- Maintain key control file and logs.
- Communicate all changes in room status to the front office.
- Carry a pager in order to respond to emergencies.
- Any reasonable request by management that the maintenance engineer is capable of performing.
- Minimum of 2 consistent employment experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to Detail
- Desire to meet/exceed exceptionally high standards
- Exceptional Attitude
- High degree of self motivation
- Capacity to do whatever it takes to keep this hotel well maintained and in tip top shape.