The department of family medicine is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner (APN) to work with physicians to independently provide outpatient primary care to patients in a PCMH Level 3 Recognized site, which includes managing the care and treatment of patients to include: taking histories, making assessments, ordering diagnostic testing, and clinical decision making within the professional scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Commitment to Quality Customer Service
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and skills necessary for independent clinical decision making
- Provide emphasis toward health promotion and disease prevention
- Develop treatment plans for acute and chronic disease management
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Performing physicals, well and sick visits to a population ranging from newborn to geriatrics
- Cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals that have questions regarding their health and to provide educated answers
- Dedicated to meet or exceed established performance goals
- Maintain a clean & organized work-space
- Keep appointment schedule running smoothly & efficiently
- Maintain communications with patients via patient portal and EMR messaging
- Be able to work specific evenings and Saturdays. Usually one evening per week and one Saturday per month.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Motivational, transformational counseling - Positive and motivating attitude.
- Strong desire to help improve the health and lives of others
- Focus & attention to details
- Self-motivated toward personal & professional excellence
- Ability to work in a productive manner under minimal supervision
- Performs in an expanded nursing role and has responsibility for meeting the needs of a determined number of patients using a primary care model.
- Provides patient education to meet the needs of the patient/family.
- Interfaces with physicians and other specialists concerning patient care.
- Interfaces with families to obtain and provide information concerning patient's medical care and progress.
- Coordinates appropriate referrals to specialties for patient care consultations.
- Performs history documentation and physicals as needed.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment or related therapeutic procedures.
- Keeps abreast of departmental policies and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to Rowan SOM compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certified as either Clinical Nurse Specialist or a Nurse Practitioner in the State of New Jersey. At least two (2) years of related nursing experience preferably as an ambulatory advanced practice nurse required.
Advertised: Feb 12 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend