Senior Manager, Technology Field Services (Franchise Pre-Opening) - Asia & Australasia
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected smart rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
As the Senior Manager, Technology Field Services (Franchise Pre-Opening) - Asia & Australasia (ASAU), you will introduce the Hilton Technology standards to owners and ownership groups to the ASAU region. You will be responsible for the overall communication activities for Franchise hotel opportunities in the region and guide ownership through all aspects of the opening process to coordinate the implementation of the Hilton’s Property Management, Sales, Revenue and other hotel and 3rd party systems according to standards.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager Technology Field Services (Franchise Pre-Opening) - ASAU, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conduct a combination of conference calls, meetings and visits as required and maintain regular communication with relevant project team members.
- Facilitate execution of the Hilton Information Systems (HITS) agreement with hotel ownership.
- Work with ownership and vendor to ensure hardware order is approved, delivered, and installed.
- Liaise with Implementation Project Manager and 3rd party vendors to ensure delivery of systems according to the project plan.
- Collaborate with owners’ technology or project team, Brand Pre-Opening team, and vendors to ensure the systems are set up according to standards.
- Monitor the ‘go-live’ process, ensuring all tasks are completed on schedule.
- Conduct project review meetings and monitor customer satisfaction for all completed projects.
What are we looking for?
A Senior Manager, Technology Field Services (Franchise Pre-Opening) - ASAU serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- 10 years of professional work experience in Technology or related field.
- Ability to analyze financial data, manage budgets and report to agreed timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence to motivate and influence others.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behavior and absolute discretion with sensitive information.
- Initiative to identify, prioritize and implement actions required to achieve functional goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands.
- Adapts willingly to change.
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals.
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met.
- Must be able to read and understand network drawings, architectural construction documents and IT Standards and all other criteria established by Hilton to determine the physical requirements of all Brands.
- Excellent general knowledge of IT standards and methods and specific knowledge pertaining to Hilton Technology standards of Full and Focused Service hotels.
- Knowledge of the hotel franchising business is desirable. One of the challenging aspects of this position is the need to communicate openly and honestly with Hilton’s partners, maintain a good working relationship with them, but be able to deal with problems when confronted with a design and construction issue which does not meet Hilton requirements.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong business level communication skills in English and Japanese to support Japan, Korea & Micronesia (JKM) market.
- Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice, depending on the work schedule.
- Work location in Singapore or Japan.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree / GED plus 10+ years of Technology related experience.
- 12+ years of professional work experience in Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of management experience in a supervisory role.
- Hospitality-based business experience, with a mix of operational and technology roles.
- Hotel franchise experience.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every single day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!