Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern to join our Washington, DC office.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting for a positive learning experience as an intern. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As an intern, you will support our engineering teams working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will learn from others, and they will expect to learn from you. You will share in the responsibility, rewards, and recognition of producing truly innovative solutions and complete client satisfaction. The pace is fast and the camaraderie is close.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist engineers in preparing design documentation
- Prepare AutoCAD and Revit drawings of Mechanical systems
- Assist engineers with design calculations and sizing building Mechanical systems
- Assist engineers with field investigations and construction site visits to observe
- Attend intern education program lunch-and-learn sessions
Our interns will also be part of our intern education program, which consists of informational lunch-and-learn sessions that are attended by firm-wide interns. These sessions consist of various topics in our business. Interns are encouraged and expected to attend these sessions as such is crucial to their development.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and also flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to expand their knowledge by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
- Pursing a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical engineering
- Must be at a minimum in your second year
- Previous engineering internship or co-op experience a huge plus
- Knowledge in the latest version of MEP AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus
- Basic knowledge in design and calculation software; MS Office Suite
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
Join us this summer to prepare for your career as an Engineer through our Intern Education Program. This program consists of lunch- and- learn sessions covering various aspects of our business while gaining “hands-on“ experience working with our engineers and visiting project sites. Once you graduate, jump start your career by joining Syska Hennessy Group and our EDT program.
About the EDT Program
Our Company is committed to developing engineers into respected technical experts and versatile business leaders. In keeping with that aim, interns that are hired for full-time employment upon graduation can take advantage of our Engineering Development Training (EDT) program; an accelerated, but thorough training curriculum. This curriculum will teach not only the technical aspects of our profession but industry-specific business aspects as well. Our senior engineers will work closely with each participant to foster a strong mentor/apprentice relationship.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we also provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Program, including gym membership programs, in-house yoga, flu shots, and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- Monthly transit/parking stipend
- Monthly business phone stipend, if applicable
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an active employer to promote and foster a collaborative work space rooted in respect and powered by authenticity. We embrace an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture.
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!