At Arup, We're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person strong team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants regularly come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
Due to growth, our DC office is looking for a BIM Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team. Our BIM staff work on multiple platform to help deliver a wide range of projects. Our DC office works on local and international projects like JFK Center for the Performing Arts Expansion, Washington Union Station Concourse Renovation, the Whittle School & Studios DC Campus, and the New US Embassy in London.
- Gatekeeper of all in-coming and out-going model and drawing information
- Work with other disciplines to ensure overall design fits together and satisfies each discipline's individual requirements
- Troubleshoot problems that arise within the rapidly changing digital coordination environment
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure data is synchronized between BIM models and their analysis tools to help optimize design and improve efficiency
- Manage submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
- Help teach engineers and new technicians the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs
- Manage a highly detailed model and annotative information into, logically organized, and easy to read package
- Engage in the development of office or client BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
- Able to maintain a clean and organized Revit file, which is easy to navigate and access information.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in BIM technology or related field
- 2 years full time experience with BIM design
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Rhino, and Sketch-Up would be useful
- Knowledge of Grasshopper, Navisworks, Dynamo, Digital Projects, Tekla, or other parametric, fabrication or coordination tools, would be useful
- Experience in Excel operating and programming
- Experience in Revit Family creation and automated routines
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to take ownership of any task and efficiently take it to its conclusion
- Comfortable in team environment, sharing roles and responsibilities
- Detail and accuracy oriented with the ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Able to jump from project to project and stay abreast of all changes
- Interest with future technologies and its implementation with BIM
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match,4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.