Job ID :
US - California - Los Angeles|US - California - Remote / Field|US - California - San Diego|US - California - San Francisco|US - Oregon - Portland|US - Oregon - Remote / Field|US - Washington - Remote / Field|US - Washington - Seattle
West Coast Sr Sales Developer – Cryo-Electron Microscopy
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Materials and Structural Analysis Electron Microscopy business enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Electron Microscopy employees are dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
How will you make an impact?
This position is ideal for an experienced professional with scientific distinction wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. You would develop strategies to grow Thermo Fisher Scientific market share in the second tier Cryo-EM electron microscopy field. In addition, you would provide technical expertise on relevant products and be the scientific expert in Cryo-EM.
What will you do?
- Learn CryoEM and talk to structural biologists about their science. Explain how Cryo-EM can help solve critical biomedical research on diseases or viruses.
- Organize workshops, site visits, training, attend conferences, create webex presentations on Cryo-EM that targets the customers who have not purchased Cryo-EM.
- Identify universities who do not have Cryo-EM and work on engaging those customers on the benefits of the technology.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver bookings and revenue in accordance with Life Science Business Units (LSBU) Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets for Cryo-EM sales to new adopters of the technology.
- Establish and maintain relationships with 2nd tier Cryo-EM customers through the entire sales cycle.
- Develop strategies that encourage structural biologists to utilize Cryo-EM.
- Deliver regional competitive intelligence, including information on funding bodies, to the LSBU on adoption barriers for structural biologists to adopt Cryo-EM.
- Work with LS Sales Development Manager, Sales Director and Account Managers to create and execute West Coast Territory Win Sales Strategies for 2nd tier Cryo-EM customers.
- Assess market requirements for Cryo-EM products for 2nd tier CryoEM customers in the Americas region and provide feedback on regional market needs to PMMs and the Business Unit
How will you get here?
- Master's degree in Life Sciences with a structural biology emphasis or similar discipline required; PhD is preferred
- Typically requires 10 years of experience in a relevant technical environment; specific experience in microscopy markets preferred
- Demonstrated experience in development and support of sales teams
- Must have outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility to gain insight into customers' requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally; must have the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Travel requirement is approximately 50%
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven business development skills
- Trained in Miller Heiman strategic selling
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.