Web Developer - LAC Federal
Position is for a large federal contract. One position located in Aurora, CO. One position based in Washington, D.C.
Must be local or willing to relocate.
Under the direction of the Library Program Manager, the Web Developer (2) will lead services to program, maintain, and redesign the Customer’s website. One Web Developer will be based in Aurora, CO and the other will be based in Washington, D.C. The Web Developer will provide services related to the management and operation of the computer networks, web servers and user workstations. They will recommend system upgrades and enhancements to the Library Program Manager. As directed by the Library Program Manager, the Web Developer will participate in system upgrades and enhancements, conducts system training, and partner with customer administrators, IT, and other relevant teams. They will also be responsible for troubleshooting system performance issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Systems expertise in Drupal 9+, Koha 22.05+, Linux (ubuntu/debian), Apache, AWS S3, AWS EC2, PUTTY
- Familiarity with search engine customization for individual site search (FreeFind search engine, Apache Solr, & Drupal Search), graphic design, and other content management systems.
- Experience with Cloud-based and on-site server’s maintenance and development.
- Experience designing online experiences using User Experience (UX) best practices, Graphic Design/User Interface (UI) best practices, and Accessibility best practices.
- Experience with Section 508 and 255 accessibility guidelines compliance, content development and maintenance including, but not limited to web design, document creation (PDF, Word, PowerPoint), ePub, video, audio, and DVD’s).
- Cybersecurity certification such as Security+ or CISSP.
- Experience with system outage diagnosis, troubleshooting, and mitigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Single-Sign On / simpleSAMLphp experience.
- Branding and Marketing Experience, for maintaining a brand and creating conference and other marketing materials
- Social Media brand development and audience growth, message development and scheduling.
- Experience in best practices for system redundancies of critical functions and security measures.
- Passion for keeping aware of new services and technologies available to government websites to meet the needs of the agency and its constituents.
- Other skillsets include project management, leadership, presenting to a wide variety of audiences, and strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
- Occasionally lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, books, and other materials.
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer employees working more than 30 hours per week on average an opportunity to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability the first day of the month after start date.
- 401k is available the first day of the quarter after the employee has worked a full quarter with the company.
- The company offers additional benefits, such as, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance and more
- The compensation range for this position is between $80,000 and $105,000 annually
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Hours of operation in Aurora are 7:30am-4:30pm M-F
Hours of operation in DC are 7:00am-4:00pm M-F
Hours Per Week: 40