CGS is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to design and build virtual machines (VM) using VMware virtualization using Linux Operating system (RHEL 8) & Windows 2016/2019. As an infrastructure services engineer you will be involved with the design and deployment of servers (Virtual) into production, dev/test, and cloud environments. The Infrastructure Services team is tasked with the rapid design and deployment of servers for IT applications in the organizations with other engineers on the team. You will work with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Own management of all existing Ansible driven infrastructure projects
- Assist with strategy and implementation of all future infrastructure projects
- Remediate on penetration and vulnerability test results, proactively identify and fix security issues
- Monitor and build monitoring tools for all systems, applications, logs etc.
- Implement/maintain automated testing and deployment tools
- Identify and implement solutions pertaining to compliance/certification
- Assist with writing, maintaining and documenting compliance policies/procedures
- Experience with Bash and python (a plus)
- Supporting Hybrid Cloud Model
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Interest in the DevOps ways of working, using pipelines and infra-as-code
- Support for all SAN and backup and recovery systems in the enterprise
- Participating in disaster recovery tests and planning
- Partnering with peers and management to make informed strategic/big-picture decisions
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure
- Contributes to the design and support of enterprise SAN and backup systems including but not limited to technical architecture, stability, and platforms.
- Ensure data backup and retrieval is completed successfully, on a regular basis and is compliance with company archive retention policies.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise storage and backup infrastructure and communications flow and routing.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies for storage administration.
- Identify storage and backup trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to systems and business function.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working on a VCE environment (Virtual Computing Environment)
- Experience working on UCS (Unified Computing Services)
- 8 + years with overall infrastructure experience
- Experience configuring and maintaining resources on AWS
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure, ideally with Ansible
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration
- Expertise with production deployments
- Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, and privileges through IAM
- Experience with Python, PHP, Bash
- Experience with installing and testing OS updates and security patches
- 4-6 years storage and backup management experience in a large IT environment.
- Experience managing and understanding of backup and storage solutions that are SAN attached.
- Storage networking (FC, iSCSI, CISCO MDS, Brocade, etc.).
- SAN attached storage (Dell EMC, or like models from other vendors).
- Enterprise backup systems (Avamar or like systems from other vendors).
- Experience and understanding of server technologies (Unix, Windows, Citrix, VMWARE, Mainframe, etc.)
- Experience with cloud storage a plus.
- Remote site data protection experience.
- Familiar with clustering technologies.
- Familiar with Data Center Operations or Network Operations Center environments.
- Facilitate training sessions for peers on new technology solutions, optimization, upgrades, trouble-shooting techniques, new technology and administration tools.
Contact Government Services strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting edge technology with world class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit specific needs and solve the most challenging, dynamic problems. Our team emphasizes technical expertise and an empathy to public service to provide unique top tier support for our government engagements.
SOME BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
Paid Time Off & Observance of State/Federal Holidays
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com